This is the brand new Marathon General Purpose Mechanical (GPM) watch with a battle-proven 316L stainless steel case. This latest addition to the Marathon military field watch family features a 17 jewel mechanical movement, a scratch resistant sapphire crystal, and H3 tritium illumination. Remember the GG-W-113 field watch? That's the inspiration behind the new Marathon General Purpose Mechanical (GPM) watch with date.
A Military Mechanical Field Watch with Style and Durability
- ETA 2801 mechanical hand-wind 17 jewel movement
- Minimum 36 hour running time when fully wound, accurate to within 30 seconds per day
- 316L high-impact stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- Black face with luminous hour & minute hands and hour markings illuminated by Tritium (Isotope H3), as well as a sweep second hand
- White numerals and a sweep second hand
- 12 and 24 hour time scales on dial (1-12 and 13-24)
- 16mm nylon mil-spec strap and buckle closure that adjusts to most wrist sizes
- 3mm scratch-resistant sapphire crystal face withstands field use
- "Hacking" movement (second hand stops when the crown is pulled out)
- Each watch is individually numbered
- Available with U.S. Government dial (WW194003SS), or sterile dial with no government markings (WW194003SS-NGM).
A Classic Mechanical Watch with Army-Tough Features
As with all Marathon watches, the General Purpose Mechanical (GPM) WW194003SS is a genuine military issue watch (NSN 6645-00-066-4279). Built in accordance with mil spec MIL-PRF-46374G, the GPM watch is intended for field use by infantry and other military personnel. Not in the military? No problem! This amazing timepiece is right at home on civilian wrists as well with it's classic analogue dial and military simplicity & reliability.
Packaged with the General Purpose Mechanical (GPM) is a color-matched 16mm wide nylon strap that is manufactured in accordance with mil spec MIL-S-46383B Type II. This comfortable, lightweight and washable nylon watch band will keep the GPM safe on your wrist. (Additional watch straps are available separately.)
The Marathon WW194003SS GPM is hand assembled in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland.
|Color:||Stainless Steel (Raw)|
|Product Type:||Hiking & Camping,Military Issue,Police / Field Use|
|Dial:||U.S. Government, Sterile DIal (No Government Markings)|
|Crystal:||Scratch Resistant Sapphire|
|Case Material:||316L Stainless Steel|
3 Atmospheres (30m/100ft.)
|Strap Material:||Nylon (16mm)|
|Watch Weight:||56 grams (2 oz.)|